If you are looking for a rewards or platinum credit card that offers competitive interest rates, then the Macquarie Bank credit card could just be the ideal credit card you’ve been looking for. The bank offers a variety of credit cards to choose from according to your spending habits and goals, making it flexible for anyone to apply. If you are after a card that offers the best rewards and rates, then look no further than the Macquarie Black card as it allows you to earn points as you continue spending. Keep reading this article to learn more about the benefits of this card and how to apply.
Macquarie Credit Card Features
1. Bonus Points – This card will reward you with a bonus of 60,000 Macquarie reward points if you happen to spend $3,000 within 60 days of approval.
2. Interest-Free days – With this card, you are eligible to 55 interest-free days on future purchases if you fully pay your balance each month before the due date.
3. Additional Cards – You are also eligible for receiving up to four additional cards without being charged extra annual fees.
4. Visa’s Zero Liability Policy – This feature will ensure that all your shopping transactions are always secure.
5. 24/7 Visa Concierge Service – Whether you are picking a restaurant, booking a flight or purchasing gifts, you are assured of receiving the best service from a professional assistant assigned to you over the phone at any time of the day or night.
6. Macquarie Rewards – for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases, you earn up to 2 Macquarie Reward points that can be redeemed for exciting perks and deals. There is also no limit to how many points you can earn.
How To Apply for a Macquarie Credit Card
After comparing your options and deciding on the type of Macquarie Credit Card that best suits your needs, you can log into their website and begin your application process. Before beginning this process, ensure that you meet all the set requirements for eligibility. This will help in improving your chances of being approved.
For you to be eligible you must have attained a minimum age of 18 years and that you are a permanent resident of Australia. You also have to ensure that you have a good credit history for you to be approved. All applicants are required to be earning a minimum taxable income of $70,000 per annum for them to be approved.
In addition to these requirements, there are documents that you will be required to produce to enable the process to be successful. You will be required to provide your Australian driver’s license number and documents showing your gross annual salary and all your monthly expenses. Ensure that you have your current employer’s contact details ready with you. If you are retired or self-employed, then you will need to have the details of your accountant ready. Once ready, you can now fill out their credit card application form and upload all your supporting documents.
Fees and Charges On The Macquarie Credit Card
Primary cardholders are required to pay an annual fee of $99 for the first year and then $249 onwards. Late payments on this card will attract a fee of $35. There is also a standard interest rate of 20.70% on purchases and 21.95% on cash advances.
The Macquarie Black Card proves to be a great card with a lot of benefits that include rewards, interest-free days, complimentary insurances among others. If you are looking for a card that offers you all these features in addition to VIP treatment, then apply for this card and experience all the benefits it has to offer.